Available Engineering Services
2D AutoCAD Drawing Jobs, 2D Designers Jobs, 3D Animators Jobs, 3D CAD Designers Jobs, 3D Designers Jobs, 3D Graphics Designers Jobs, 3D Modelers Jobs, 3D Printing Designers Jobs, 3D Reconstruction Experts Jobs, 3D Rendering Services Jobs, Accident Reconstruction Experts Jobs, Aerospace Engineers Jobs, Algorithm Developers Jobs, Analog Circuit Design Engineers Jobs, Architects Jobs, Architectural Illustrators Jobs, Architectural Modeling Jobs, Architectural Project Managers Jobs, Arduino Programmers Jobs, Autocad Civil 3D Designers Jobs, Autodesk 3ds Max Designers Jobs, Autodesk Fusion 360 Experts Jobs, Autodesk Maya Designers Jobs, Autodesk SketchBook Pro Experts Jobs, Automotive Engineers Jobs, Automotive Safety Experts Jobs, Bil of Materials Structuring Jobs, Biomedical Engineers Jobs, Biotechnology Scientists Jobs, Blueprint Designers Jobs, Building Materials Suppliers Jobs, CA Modeling Services Jobs, Carbon Management Consultants Jobs, CATIA Designers Jobs, Chemical Engineers Jobs, Chemical Processors Jobs, Chemical Safety Experts Jobs, Circuit Designers Jobs, Civil Engineers Jobs, Climate Change Experts Jobs, Commercial Interior Designers Jobs, Computer Science Experts Jobs, Construction Drawing Services Jobs, Construction Engineers Jobs, Construction Estimators Jobs, Construction Experts Jobs, Construction Planners Jobs, Construction Process Engineers Jobs, Construction Product Engineers Jobs, Construction Residential Structural Engineers Jobs, Construction Risk Managers Jobs, Construction Safety Managers Jobs, Construction Staking Engineers Jobs, Consumer Electronics Engineers Jobs, Consumer Product Safety Engineers Jobs, Contract Documentation Services Jobs, Contract Engineering Services Jobs, Contract Manufacturers Jobs, Corrosion Engineers Jobs, Diital Circuit Designers Jobs, Digital Signal Processing Engineers Jobs, Drafters Jobs, Eale PCB Designers Jobs, Electrical Engineers Jobs, Electronics Engineers Jobs, Electronics Hardware Designers Jobs, EMC Services Jobs, Energy Managers Jobs, Engineering Drawing Specialists Jobs, Engineers Jobs, Environmental Consultants Jobs, Environmental Designers Jobs, Environmental Educators Jobs, Environmental Health Specialists Jobs, Environmental Scientists Jobs, Environmental Specialists Jobs, Equipment Modelers Jobs, Finte Element Analysis (FEA) Services Jobs, Floor Plan Designers Jobs, Food Safety Trainers Jobs, Fortran Programmers Jobs, Gaden Designers Jobs, Geometric Designers Jobs, GIS Specialists Jobs, Google Earth Developers Jobs, Google Maps API Developers Jobs, Google SketchUp Experts Jobs, GPS Services Jobs, High Speed PCB Designers Jobs, Home Designers Jobs, Human Computer Interaction (HCI) Experts Jobs, HVAC System Design Jobs, Hydrologic Modeling Experts Jobs, Inustrial Designers Jobs, Industrial Engineers Jobs, Industrial Safety Services Jobs, Industrial Waste Management Jobs, Injection Molding Services Jobs, Integrated Circuit Designers Jobs, Interior Designers Jobs, Interior Plant Design Jobs, Ladscape Designers Jobs, Lighting Designers Jobs, Lumion Designers Jobs, Machine Learning Developers Jobs, MapReduce Experts Jobs, Marine Biology Jobs, Marine Safety Jobs, Mathematics Experts Jobs, MATLAB Programmers Jobs, Mechanical Engineers Jobs, Mechatronics Engineers Jobs, Medical Devices Experts Jobs, Medical Imaging Experts Jobs, Meteorological Services Jobs, Microchip Jobs, Microcontroller Programmers Jobs, Microstation 3D CAD Jobs, Milling Machining Experts Jobs, Mineral Processing Experts Jobs, Mold Designers Jobs, Neetschek Allplan Engineers Jobs, New Home Construction Architects Jobs, Oil & Gas Jobs, Optical Engineers Jobs, Parametric Modeling Experts Jobs, Patent Illustrators Jobs, Pattern Designers Jobs, PCB Designers Jobs, Petrochemical Engineers Jobs, Pipeline Construction Services Jobs, Power System Operations Experts Jobs, Pre Construction Jobs, Problem Solving Jobs, Process Piping Designers Jobs, Product Designers Jobs, Product Developers Jobs, Prototyping Services Jobs, Public Safety Industry Jobs, Reewable Energy Consultants Jobs, Residential Interior Designers Jobs, Retail Buildings Consultants Jobs, Rhinoceros 3D Experts Jobs, Robotics Engineers Jobs, Safety Engineers Jobs, SCADA Developers Jobs, Schematic Designers Jobs, Science Consultants Jobs, Semiconductor Experts Jobs, Sheet Metal Design Services Jobs, Simulation Modeling Jobs, Site Planners Jobs, SmartPlant 3D Designers Jobs, Soil Management Experts Jobs, Solar Energy Jobs, Solid Edge Designers Jobs, SolidWorks Designers Jobs, Space Planning Designers Jobs, STAAD Experts Jobs, Statistical Analysts Jobs, Steel Design Engineers Jobs, Storage Engineers Jobs, Stress Management Experts Jobs, Structural Engineers Jobs, Structural Modeling Experts Jobs, Surface Modeling Experts Jobs, Sustainable Designers Jobs, Switch Engineers Jobs, Technical Illustrators Jobs, Thermal Engineers Jobs, Thermodynamic Modeling Experts Jobs, Unity 3D Developers Jobs, Urban Planning And Design Jobs, Utility Construction Services Jobs, Validation Engineers Jobs, Wave Energy Experts Jobs, Wearable Devices Experts Jobs, Wind Turbines Experts Jobs, Wolfram Mathematica Jobs
Why Hire an Engineer?
We spoke with Structural Engineer, Arthur Moeller about when it was advisable to secure engineering advice and expertise.
He suggested that the answer was not as simple as it seems, as there were a great many variables to be considered. More often, the decision was mandated by regulatory or insurance oversight.
Too often, the decision not to use engineering expertise is made with the idea of saving cost. At question is whether omitting engineering discipline saves anything. Costs for guesstimate/trial and error work always lead to inefficiencies and rework due to project failures. Beyond money, the costs of the engineering omission can be time. Failure to achieve compliance can result in project delays and facilities being withheld from either public or corporate use.
Rather than dwell on negatives, Arthur suggested that there were 10 key reasons why an engineer should be an integral part of any construction project:
- Most jurisdictions require a Professional Engineer’s review and/or stamp prior to approving the building permit.
- An engineer will design a solution that is in compliance with the governing building and safety codes.
- The lending institutions and insurance companies may require an “engineer’s review and report” prior to loan approval and insurance coverage respectively.
- An engineer will analyze your problem and design a safe, efficient and cost-effective solution. Spending more on needless contracting and materials is not a saving.
- To determine if your structure is safe, an engineer will analyze the structural components of your building, evaluating the condition, deflections, geometry and forces acting on each member, to draw a conclusion regarding the integrity of the building system. Remember any change to a structure affects all aspects of the structure.
- An engineer will design the structural and mechanical aspects of your project and communicate those aspects to the contractor through the use of drawings and specifications. These drawings are a permanent record that will be required when and if further changes are contemplated.
- Through an understanding of the characteristics of different building materials, a structural engineer can clearly explain why certain structural elements need repair and make recommendations on how to fix them or make modifications to the structure in the most cost-effective way while remaining code compliant.
- For life safety reasons-“there are always people involved with the constructing or use of a structure, whether it is a grain bin, an equipment support tower, parking garage or a street light.”
- Qualified engineering capabilities are broad and include areas of expertise in problem-solving, engineering foresight, project management, cost estimating and analysis, creativity, and document preparation.
- Engineers apply mathematics and scientific principles. Engineers do not guess!
Arthur D. Moeller, PE